9:30 AM
Heading towards Adelaide. GPS set, iPad Google maps and my impeccable navigation skills we can't possibly go wrong? And on The upside, I have just discovered on the map that we are coming in to Adelaide through Handorf, the home of the best caramel tart and the best bee sting cake in the whole world.. And bugger weight watchers!
Survived the first night in the caravan with only a few glitches..
• it was freezing
• the grey water came back up through the drain into the shower - hose issue
• we had issues with the battery charger
All solvable issues I think!
I'm wondering if it's obvious to the naked eye and the people in the caravan park that we are new to this caravan game!
11:07 AM
Yum the best coffee at Bordertown Bakery. And apparently the vanilla squares are pretty good too, but Kevin's the one to confirm that!
And so it's started! I am now listening to a 'Clancy of the Overflow' Banjo Patterson Collection of bush poetry set to music (sigh)
Two questions.. How long to Adelaide and why didn't I destroy that CD when I saw him put it in the car?
8:22 PM
Missed out on the tart. Way too many cars in Hahndorf and nowhere to pull up with a big van on the back. So weight watchers won after all.
Major plumbing drama with the caravan when we got to Adelaide. The grey water found it's way back up the pipe again and and into the shower again. Emergency trip to find a place to buy pipes,
Adelaide Shores Caravan Park tonight- pretty nice, staying three nights now, probably four.. We need some time to catch breath!!
If it makes you guys feel any better, we nearly burnt the whole camper trailer down on the 1st night. One more week and you will be pro's (not in the sexual sense)
ReplyDelete