Today was spent round Bunbury. We fell in love with the place.
True to his word, Kevin got me out walking. We walked across the bridge and into the main street, and yes, straight to a coffee shop for our early morning cappuccino. Then we wandered around the town, checking out the shops and generally browsing what the retailers of Bunbury had to offer.
We walked across to the waterfront and forced ourselves to try out the ice creams available on the pier. Then with the extra sustenance on board, we headed to the lookout and used all that energy to negotiate the steps up to the lookout. I made it up half the steps until they became way too narrow and way to high and then I had to retreat while Kevin took the camera and continued on to take the shots.
The remainder of the day was filled with Bunbury stuff, no earth-shattering activity, but pretty relaxing. Today I feel like I'm on holiday. The weather is warming up and the short sleeves are out -as are our very white legs!!
Tomorrow we head to Margaret River to check out the wineries and do a bit of sightseeing, and dare I say more eating!!
Kevin is concerned that the water in WA is shrinking his trousers as the waistbands are getting very snug -I don't have the heart to mention it may in fact be the WA food that's doing it!!
I am starting to think this Blog should be called "Coffee drinkers guide to Australia"
ReplyDeletep.s. has there been any sightings of the Dunalley Bush fairy yet???
You could be right, but I'm thinking the coffee drinkers guide will be replaced with the ice-cream slurpers guide when we get further up to the heat.
ReplyDeleteAnd regarding the Dunalley Bush Fairy, you know that the fairy is only sighted in it's natural habitat on Dunalley verandahs where it only appears at midnight on New Years Eves (after copious amounts of alcohol)