Today we headed off from Denham on the road to Carnavon. Kevin told me that we could listen to my music today. This may have something to do with the fact that i shared his taste in music with our traveling buddies yesterday while they were in our car - I'm not sure if their hysterical laughter was due to the genre of the music or the fact that I was bopping wildly in the front seat in time to the 'yeehaa' beat.
Another beautiful day in paradise with blue sky, red earth, and the road stretching out in front of us - very poetic I know, but that's exactly what this is like!
Kevin is starting to have some serious issues about his expanding waistline. Not serious enough to kerb his eating, but serious enough for him to make me set up a shot to send home of him sucking in his stomach prior to the photo being taken. So on the picturesque banks of Shell Beach, I took a magnificent photo of a very trim looking Kevin. Of course he wasn't aware that I was also going to take a follow-up shot when he let his breath out! So on the picturesque banks of Shell Beach I also have a magnificent (unofficial) shot of a little pot tummy! Silly Kevin, fancy trusting me with a camera - what fun can I have with those shots .. The Internet awaits!!
So after the photo shoot, we were back on the road and heading North!
By the time we got to 160 ks along the road, we had seen lots of bitumen, shrubs of varying sizes, several million hectares of red dirt (informal estimation of course), and a couple of roadhouses which had provided us with rest rooms of varying quality and the usual refreshments to sustain us on our journey. At this point in the journey however, there was still no sign of Carnarvon, and I had resorted to Kenny Rogers and 'The Gambler' to relieve the boredom of this part of the journey!
We arrived in town around 1.30 and did the usual book in and set up routine. We then headed off to see what the town of Carnarvon had to offer. Apparently not much on a Saturday afternoon, and I have a sneaking suspicion that on Sunday there will be even less to do. It looks like a very lazy day in the caravan park for tomorrow and then an early start the next day to get to Karratha.
No comments:
Post a Comment